Sunday, May 12, 2013

Shiver me timbers...

Wow the water is cold in this place.  I did a head count this morning and it was at least a minute before the shower water was warm (not hot).  I called the PM the first time this happened and he said the water heater is on the opposite end of the house as the master bedroom and it was probably a first time thing.  Ok seemed reasonable but on day 3 still a similar problem.  Anyone else experience this or is something wrong?  I will bring that up on the 30 day list as something that needs addressing regardless.

6 comments:

  1. Do you have a tankless water heater? Our PM said that we will need to remember that a tankless heater is endless hot water, not instant hot water. It will still take as long to wander through all the pipes to get to the shower/bath/whatever as a traditional hot water heater would. Perhaps you also might want to tinker with the heat setting for it? If it's set too hot, maybe it takes even longer to heat and release the water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Some bloggers have talked about removing the water restrictor, but perhaps that would help more with water pressure, and not temperature. I'm sorry--I got nothing. Hope it all gets sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Removing the water saver is a must for me I like a good sandblasting shower. The normal weak steam is not getting it.

    However, it does not enhance how quickly the hot water reaches me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do they' plan to do about this? Was this the only location it could be stored ?? Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to bring it up again at the 30 day inspection. I will ask the PM to turn the water on and I'm gonna be there with a stop watch.

      Delete