Friday, June 7, 2013

30 day inspection results

I have not updated in awhile since there has been little to report.  So I will summarize quickly a few lessons learned and other insights for you consideration. 

We just completed our 30 day inspection.  Ryan Homes asked around day 21 for the list on concerns and fixed them all prior to our 30 day inspection.  I knit picked as much as I could.  The main issues I had were with floor noise on the stairs, the railing was not stained consistently, some spindles seperated from the deck railing, and a lot of other little stuff.  All of it was fixed by Ryan Homes and the workers were all courteous.

If you would like to listen/watch stuff from your computer on the tv like movies, torrents, and music etc etc than check out the Rasberry PI.  It allows you to basically stream 1080p quality stuff wirelessly.  It has a built in storage unit should you want to plug it in.

I tinted some of my windows with 3M film for sun control.  Those huge windows allow the suns brutal rays to become magnified sometimes.  I noticed the interior temperature seemed to be much hotter than it should be. This solution has lowered my temperatures, reduced glare, and will protect my furniture and hardwood from fading by blocking 99.9% of uv light.
 
I want to say I am very satisfied with the interior insulation.  I hear nothing in this house.  I do not hear any water running in the pipes, I do not hear foot noise upstairs/downstairs.  In fact I do not know If I would hear anyone breaking into the house.

I would recommend the full yard of sod.  Most of my neighbors did not get that and they have been there much longer than me and most if not all of the rear yards are patchy with dirt spots visible.

Again, I would recommend the wider driveway (20 feet) it is still tight I would hate to get in and out with 2 less feet of concrete on each side!

Question for you guys/gals Is anyone putting 2 cars in the garage!?  I would not know yet myself since it is full of boxes but it looks tight.


Other than that we continue to get unpacked and settled.  Until next time!

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it is going well.. I am amazed you are at 30 days already. This is fantastic. Did you fill the survey yet for SR and PM?

    Very funny about the sound insulation.. You probably would have reported much different results had you not take matters into your own hands! Did you insulate the ceiling of first floor by the way? Do you hear wood creaking downstairs? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I filled out the survey it was about 5 pages. Took about 5 minutes. But I really put a lot of thought into it honestly.

    We insulated all the interior walls. The basement/1st floor and the ceiling/2nd floor. Additionally, we wrapped all the water pipes and duct work with sound deadening wraps.

    Check out my old top secret missions posts they detail it a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish i could do this. My PM will not allow me to insulate at all. Not sure what to do as I am afraid I am going to hear every little thing and that will drive me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure what to say because you certainly can't hide it from him/her. The house is very silent. We could barely hear the fireworks on July 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10the etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dunno. Two cars might be too much of a tight squeeze. What I did was have one and use the extra space for storage and stuff. As for the house interior, it was great of them to respond that quickly to your concerns between the 21st and the 30th day inspection. It really shows the quality of how they work and how they value their customers.

    Lida

    ReplyDelete
  6. If the house is free from any problems, then that's great! At the very least, you won't have any immediate problems after your move. You can dedicate your time into adding the final touches to finally make it your very own. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

    Steve Beliveau @ First Class Inspections

    ReplyDelete